Services at St George’s Church of England Academy
Sunday services begin at 10:45am and take place at St George’s Church of England Academy on Neasham Road, DL2 1LD.
Our services tend towards the informal with plenty of lay participation. They are varied, upbeat, creative, and thoughtful too.
They are led by our ordained and lay ministry team. Members of the congregation are actively involved in readings and prayers, and gifted musicians incorporate different styles of worship.
Children and Young People are both a welcome and an essential part of our community here at St George and St Laurence’s, and Children’s Church meets regularly during services in term time. They are encouraged to be involved in deanery and diocesan events.
For families with very young children, an area is available every week where parents can take their young ones to play, feed or make them comfortable, while still being able to view and hear the service as it proceeds.
Refreshments are available after the service, an excellent time to meet with the folk who worship here and to find out what’s going on.
The pattern of services each month is:
- 1st Sunday of month Service of the Word, with Children’s Church.
- 2nd Holy Communion with Children’s Church.
- 3rd All Age Worship.
- 4th Young People’s group.
- 5th Café Church.
Services at St George’s Church
There are no regular services held at St George’s Church due to its location and lack of facilities. St George’s is now mainly used for weddings, baptisms and funerals.
However, occasional services are held throughout the year:
- A meditative service on Good Friday, and a Dawn Sunrise service is held on Easter Sunday.
- An Annual Memorial service is held in July.
- Christmas Carol Service by candlelight.
- When possible, a Midnight Communion service is held on Christmas Eve.